Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sorry! life has been... crazy. I graduated from Timpview High school last Thursday (May 27th). When i arrived to the ceremony I realized that I had left my honor chords at home. I frantically called home and explained my dilemma. I shifted back and forward as I waited nervously in line for someone to heroically come through the door with my chords in hand.The line started to move which meant that soon I would be walking out onto the floor with out my honor chords. just seconds before I entered to march with the rest of my class I heard a familiar voice gasp, "oh thank goodness!" I turned to see Hannah with my chords stretched toward my face. Her and my dad were gasping for air as they wished me luck. Dad snapped last minute pictures and I walked into the large room that was now full of family members, friends, and teachers. I sat with my class of about 500 as we listened to the inspirational speeches that were given by talented classmates. Then we started the hour and a half long walking, which I imagine was much more painful for the supporters than the graduates, at least we got to stand up and walk around for a while.When it was my turn to walk across the stage Mr.Monks attempted straightening my hat which was acting like a wet bar of soap on my small head and silky hair. a friend gave me a hug and then I was guided to the picture man. Now I was in the moment that I had waited for four years to be in. I was finally in the short 30 seconds that I had worked so hard for and I could not even keep my hat on. With one hand on my head and the other shaking countless hands, I walked across the stage and took my seat. energy filled the room as our senior class president announced, "Timpview class of 2010 you are now graduated, please move your tassels from the right to the left".Hats flew, friends hugged, and some even cried. After graduation I quickly said good by to a few of my friends, jumped in the crowded van with my family, and left to Goblin Valley where we spent Friday and Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Isn't family great? first they saved me from suffering the consequences of my scattered brain and than they put up with my complaints while camping (plus I had a grand time with them!. I am glad to be graduated and to be started on the real journey. I wish
Rebekah and Daniel could have been there but I know that they were in spirit. Hooray for the class of 2010 and good bye High school!

No comments:

Post a Comment